Former SABC chief operating officer Hlaudi Motsoeneng has his eyes set on the presidency, ANA reported.
Motsoeneng, who was fired in June last year, was reportedly addressing an event organised by Incredible Happenings Ministry leader Prophet Paseka “Mboro” Motsoeneng and civil rights group #NotInMyNameSA on Tuesday night.
Motsoeneng reportedly said there were many wrongs he would correct once he was in the hot seat at the Union Buildings.
“People are saying there is no money in South Africa, [but] there is money in South Africa. I saw that at SABC, practically. When I said local content… that the artists be given money, most of the millions were being given to outsiders [foreign artists],” Motsoeneng reportedly said.
“This is the time to stop that. To stop that, Hlaudi is going to be the future president of South Africa. Thank you.”
On Monday, the Constitutional Court dismissed an appeal against an order finding Motsoeneng liable for the legal costs stemming from the SABC’s 2016 ban on the broadcasting of protest action.
The ban led to eight journalists being fired and then reinstated after they protested against Motsoeneng’s decision.