The ANC’s website remains inaccessible amid allegations that it was shut down over an outstanding bill of R32m with its service provider.
If a user attempts to visit anc.org.za they are directed to a message which reads: “This website is suspended due to non-payment to the service provider.”
Business Day reported on Thursday that attorneys for Unwembi Communications had instructed that services be withheld until the outstanding amount was paid.
However, the paper said that Mabe had disputed the allegations, saying that the ANC did not have any contract with Unwembi.
According to the report, Mabe said the only reason why the website was down was because it was being revamped and that a new service provider was in place.
“I don’t know what hogwash that is, we don’t owe anyone R32m,” Mabe was quoted as saying.
The Citizen reported on Thursday that Unwembi Communications registered its domain in July 1997, and that it owns the party’s .org domain.
Business Day said that court papers were sent to the ANC last week, outlining a number of agreements in place between the service provider and the ANC.
The report added that the letter further stated that the ANC owed Unwembi R26.5m for a membership system agreement.